KODAIKANAL, Located in the forests of the Dindigul districts, the hill station of Kodaikanal is fast gaining reputation for its unspoilt beauty and soothing climate. It is known by the nickname "Princess of Hill stations" and is a leading tourist destination in Tamil Nadu. The most popular sites within the town are:
- The Kodaikanal Lake – Kodaikanal's most popular geographic landmark and tourist attraction. Rowboats and pedalos can be hired at the Kodaikanal Boat Club. Very popular with tourists.
- Bryant Park: Just east of the lake is the Bryant Park. Over 325 species of trees, shrubs and cacti and flowers.
- Coaker's Walk – A paved pedestrian path offering stunning views of the mountains and the plains below.
- Green Valley View – Offers spectacular views of the plains and the Vaigai River Dam at the South.
- Shembaganur Museum of Natural History – A nature museum with over 500 species of local wildlife and 300 exotic orchid species.
- Silver Cascade – A waterfall in the region popular with first-time visitors.
- Berijam Lake – A calm serene lake surrounded by mesmerizing nature.